Monday, June 23, 2008

Car wash-get your car wash!




A FEW OF MY ADORABLE NIECES AND NEPHEW

car wash



The big "MONSTER TRUCK" that the boys saw in the parking lot-beach friends

Today was another of those busy Mondays. I worked all day, ran to the store, and then picked up the boys from Ryan's sister's house. We made it to the gas station barely before we ran out of gas (I BUYING GAS!!) $100 dollars later, we were on our way home. Davy always wants to go to the car wash after we fill up, but after $100 worth of gas, I wasn't in to mood to spend $5 more on a car wash, even though we could have used one. Instead of going through the exciting car wash, we had a car wash of our own at home. We pulled out the hose, bucket of soapy water, and lots of rags, and went to work. I wasn't "allowed" to hep much, because there were only two rags, and two boys. I didn't mind much, it's nice to see the boys hard at work. I did get the high spots while they were busy spraying the soap off. After the car wash we hurried and made dinner, and then went with Ryan to his basketball game. We try to go when he has an early game, but I always find myself wondering-WHY WE EVEN TRY! The boys run all over, and nobody really gets to watch the game. It was fun to chat with a couple of friends, whose husbands are also on the team, so it definitely was worth the hassle of chasing boys.
Yesterday we had to talk in church. I wasn't really nervous until I got a call 30 minutes before church from the bishop, asking to see me before sacrament. I knew it could only mean another calling. I feel like my life is too busy for anything more. My stomach was then in knots, and I felt sick. The calling was for the secretary of the primary presidency. Not too bad, I guess, but I'm hoping that it's not too demanding-which I'm sure it will be. In my blessing when I was being set apart, they said that my "organizational skills" would be a great asset to the presidency. I had to quietly laugh. Apparently they don't know me too well. I guess I'll be working on my organizational skills. The talks went fine. Davy gave his first talk, and wasn't scared at all. I was very proud of him. I told him if he didn't chicken out, I'd take him and a friend to McDonald's to play this week, so I guess we'll be going to McDonald's! I speaking in Sacrament meeting because, I don't feel nervous but my voice gets very shaky with the adrenaline rush, which makes me feel very nervous for the first few minutes, until I am able to calm down. I left out a lot of what I wanted to say. The topic was testimonies. I think the thing that I have the strongest testimony of is that Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers (I left all of this part out of course!) I have had SO many promptings in my life, that have come because of sincere prayer. It is so nice to know that even if our life feels busy, and we don't always feel close to the spirit, Heavenly Father is there, and is answering us when we ask-sometimes even when we didn't ask. I could probably write a book about the many answers I have received. I have to kick myself many times for not following promptings when I receive them. A lot of them are just that I need to call, or visit a certain person, then I don't because I think, "why would they care to hear from me?" and then I find out that they really needed someone on that certain day. I guess the gospel is a lot of trial and error. We learn as we go. I think I'll be praying a lot more with this new calling, maybe that is why I needed it.
Since I'm working backwards on my update; I guess I'll continue that way. On Saturday, Oaklie was still over. We went to some garage sales-which were very pointless-hardly bought a thing. We then went back up to the reservoir for some fun in the sun. The kids love it up there, but the real reason that we go is because I LOVE IT! I know that I was meant to live on the beach somewhere. Early morning runs, digging for sea shells, basking in the sun, the sound of the waves, the smell of the salt, nights stargazing in the sand, NO SNOW, that is all part of my destiny, will Ryan every realize that? Until he does, the reservoir will have to do.
On Friday Julie met us at the reservoir since her husband was up in Logan for a couple of days with Ryan on an install. It was nice to have someone to talk while the kids played. We've decided to make it a weekly event. Thursday Ryan played in a golf tournament, and his team won........again. How many gift certificates to the golf shop can one guy use in a year? I told him he needs to join some tournaments that will earn him some real money. It is nice that he can have all of the nicest golf equipment for free. He is very talented in all he does. That is another area that I forgot in my talk. To give thanks to him for all that he does for our family. After the 2nd date when we knew we were supposed to get married. We talked about what was important to us in a marriage- since we really didn't know each other yet. I told him, I don't care if we are ever rich, but the most important thing to me is that I am able to stay home with our kids, and raise them. My greatest goal in life is to be a good Mother, and a good Wife. I am so grateful that he has kept his promise and has been a good provider, and an excellent father. I feel very lucky! Sorry that this post is so long. I've gotten out of the nightly blogging during the business of summer.

5 comments:

Elise said...

Liz-
I think you are fulfilling your goal quite nicely. Ryan and your boys are so lucky to have you. I am so very lucky to have a great example like you. Have a great Tuesday.

Camille Jensen said...

I love reading your blog Liz. I too have issues with paying for a car wash after feeling taken advantage of at the gas pump. Today is a GREAT day to get the kiddos outside to wash our car. I might even get some cute pictures out of it too. Kudos for the idea. Hmmm... stubborn little me hasn't even tried prayer (shut up! I know I sound dumb!! jk) for my calling. And I wonder why I'm still having issues after having this calling for 2 years now. I've out lasted 2 primary presidencies...

Jules said...

Hey liz,

Thanks for the picture although I should have asked you to take one when I wasn't burned to a crisp in all my white and redness ;), and the kids weren't so grumpy. ;) Anyway, thank you thank you and we'll see you tomorrow up at the beach at 10am.

Alisa said...

Hi Liz,
This is Alisa, Ryan's cousin. I found your blog on Camille's blog. I love reading about you and your family. Your boys are so cute & sweet and you and Ryan are great parents. It's fun to get to know you. I'll get your email address from Camille & send you an invite to our blog. Give Ryan a hug for me. Tell him Joel & I say hi.

Leslie said...

Hey Liz...this is Leslie Hendricksen from the ward. I found your blog through Camilles too. Just wanted to say that Im kicking myself for missing your talk on Sunday. I bet you guys did a great job!!! And I think you are going to do awesome in the primary. I saw you walking your class in the halls last Sunday...that was so cute!! I am amazed at how much stuff you do in one day... They were right in your blessing.. you have to be organized to do that many things!! You're awesome!