Monday, May 12, 2008

FOR THE SAKE OF MY KIDS!








I decided to start a blog so that my kids could look back on their lives through my eyes. I am hoping to be able to save it on a disk for them. Does anyone know if that is possible? We got home from Disneyland/SeaWorld/Universal Studios/ ST GEORGE. It was a fun trip, but we are all glad to be home. The biggest downer of the trip was the weather. I was so excited to get some sun, and play on the beach. The weather was cloudy, rainy, and cold, so neither of the two got accomplished. We enjoyed being together, and taking the week off. It seemed that I was more excited than my kids were for our trip to Disney land because I love Roller coasters. Davy is 42 inches tall (the required height for all of the big rides) and I imagined us running from ride to ride, and watching him enjoy all of the fun things to do. Much to my dismay.........Davy is a little bit of a chicken. We were able to bribe him with new webkinz to go on Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, The Maderhorn, and the old railroad train. He talks about how fun they all were now, but that was not the case after each ride. I was afraid I had traumatized him for good. It seems as though no harm was done, but he may never go on big rides again. We stayed a few nights in Micheline and Bretts timeshares. They are so nice because they have lots or room and a kitchen. We are too spoiled. We spent an afternoon with the Barbens on our way to California. The kids swam in their pool, and then we went on a hike/tadpole hunting. We are blesssed to get to see them often, their family is so fun, and Micheline amazes me at how relaxed she can be with all she has going on. In California, we met up with Ryan's sister Jacey, her kids, Ryan's mom Crista, and Ryan's grandma Jan, we also brought Ryan's two younger sisters Chelsea, and Ashley to help with the kids. Grandma Jan got the flu and had to go the the E.R. in an ambulance. It was scary, but Ryan gave her a blessing, and after lots of rest she is recovering. We are thankful for that. Well, I gotta run and make dinner. I'll tell more about our trip later.

1 comment:

Elise said...

Lizard-

Can I just say that you are the hippest mom ever, lucky boys you've got. Looks like you had a blast at disneyland, I hope you had a chance to get away from the kiddy rides and go on your favorite adrenaline pumping rides.

p.s. the link for me is wrong on your page it is eliselindsey.blogspot.com instead of eliselindsey@blogspot.com

p.s.s. marae loved staying at your house. She said you have our childhood dream pantry. She would often call and just name off the interesting food that you had.