Thursday, July 30, 2009

Pioneer Day Weekend!














We decided to go to small town of Fairview for the 24th of July Celebrations. We all had a lot of fun. We camped by a pond stocked with fish. Davy learned to cast and is now able to catch fish all by himself. The boys also loved riding four wheelers. Davy learned to drive by himself and so he wanted to go on rides all day long. The boys also got to ride horses-which they all loved too. Ryan took them target shooting, and the boys loved shooting Ryan's Guns (with Ryan's help of course) I ran in the 5k on the 24th of July and won second place in my age group. The parade was a big hit besides the unbearable heat. The kids all got lots of candy which of course they all thought was great. We went swimming/wading in the cold Fairview river, where Davy caught some more fish. We also got to enjoy some famous shakes at a local restaurant- which was one of my favorite things about the trip :) It was fun to get to spend some down time together over the weekend.

3 comments:

Brown Family said...

My boys are dying to get one of those fishing poles that is like a gun you shoot out to cast out. Not like we EVER go fishing, but they really want one. I'm impressed Davy can do it himself!

Lizzylou said...

Oh, the picture of the gun is not a fishing pole. It is a real gun. I'm sure my kids would love that though.

Jules said...

So I hear you're in Disney Land this weekend! You lucky duck! You'll have to let me know how the trip goes!

So I think life is slowing down a little, so we'll have to try going on that little trip up to slc again. Are you still game? I know you've already been to the zoo, maybe we could try something else if you'd rather. Just let me know.

Have you been up the resevoir a lot this summer?